If you like to take your laptop everywhere you go then chances our you don’t take a desk or table with you. And when you don’t have anything to test it on, a laptop is exactly that – a lap dwelling computer. If you’ve used your laptop on your lap then you will know that it can get quite warm, a bit too warm for comfort usually. To counter this problem, many companies have created laptop, or notebook, coolers. Today we will be looking at one from Vizo, the Mini Ninja. Let’s see if it packs a punch, or at least, cools your laptop.
“VIZO Technology Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and designer of computer peripheral products serving customers around the world. Established in Taiwan in 1992, VIZO has expanded and now operates in the market completely reorganized and prepared to meet the demand for high quality products which are ‘Made in Taiwan’.”
- Housing Dimensions: 350mm x 170mm x 40mm
- Housing Material: Aluminum
- USB Bus Power: 5V / 500mA
- DC Fan Dimensions: 70 x 70 x 15 ( 2 PCS )
- Bearing Type: Sleeve Bearing
- Speed: 2000 RPM
- Noise Level: 20 dBA
- Max Air flow: 13.72( Min:11.22 )CFM
- Rated Voltage: DC 5 V
- Rated Current: 0.24 ( Max:0.34 ) A x 2
- Compatibility: 7″ ~ 15.4″ notebook PC
- Weight: 600 g
- Real 350 mm long for 7”~15.4” Widescreen Notebook PC
- Reduce the temperature of your notebook PC for best performance
- Aluminum casing for excellent heat dissipation
- Dual fans provide the maximum airflow and air pressure
- Adjustable positions for fans to suit your needs
- Low dBA level
- Powered by USB, no adapter necessary
- T shaped USB connectors without losing use of the USB port
- Compact, space saving, light weight, easy to carry
- Ergonomic designed angle for easy typing
- Easy to install
In the box, you receive the Mini Ninja itself, a USB power cable and a screw package. The Mini Ninja notebook cooler is powered by USB and comes with pass-through connector (T-shaped) so you can still use the USB port, which is handy for those lacking in USB ports. The Mini Ninja consists of 2 fans and is suitable for laptops 7 inches to 15.4 inches in screen size.
Vizo usually has a good ability when it comes to product design and the Mini Ninja cooler is just more proof to their great skill. The Mini Ninja is made of aluminium which, as you may already know, is ideal for maximum heat dissipation. On top of the Mini Ninja we find an aluminium mesh cover to allow for air flow all over the cooling pad. Our laptop, which has a 14.1” screen fits just right and sits quite stable.
Taking a look at the bottom of the cooler, we find the two fans and one of which is where the power cable is connected into.
Testing and Performance
So did the Mini Ninja live up to its name? In a nutshell, yes. Just like a mini-ninja it was quiet and it is small. Oh, and it does ‘pack a punch’.
For the load condition, we ran Prime95 on our laptop with and without the Mini Ninja for 30 minutes each and recorded the maximum temperature (without the cooler) and the minimum temperature (with the cooler). For idle, the laptop was left for 30 minutes without the cooler on a wooden desk and then left for 30 minutes with the cooler on, on the same desk.
All of the tests were done using a Dell Inspiron 640m with a 1.4 GHz Intel Centrino. During our tests the Mini Ninja effectively decreased the load temperature by an amazing 10°C. For the idle condition, the temperature was reduced by an impressive 6°C.
We were thoroughly impressed by the Mini Ninja and its performance. Just make sure you make note of the dimensions of your laptop to make sure this cooling pad will fit correctly. We couldn’t really find anything wrong with the Vizo Mini Ninja, so it’s definitely a recommended buy from us if you have a laptop 7 inches to 15.4 inches in size.
- Looks great
- Very good cooling performance